Thursday, February 8, 2007

Ecommerce Beginnings - VIII

Welcome back to Ecommerce Beginnings. This weeks' posting is a little late because I have been having some issues with my website and its' ranking on Google. You see, my main site: www.original-new-england-enterprises.com has been, as they say: "kicking butt" in all of the search engines, with a large number of #1's for multiple keyword combinations. That was until this past week when my site all but disappeared from the Google pages. What happened??? I had no idea, so I started to do some research. It seems that there is some sort of a correlation between my website and the service I had been using for my blogging posts (Serendipity). Each time that I sent out a new post on my blog approximately two days later my website would drop out of site on Google, to reappear a few days later after the Gogglebot had revisited.

Now, I'm not positive about the correlation between Serendipity and my website. I have also been using pinging services each time I send out a new posting. These services are Pinggoat and RSS Junky. This issue has only effected my rankings on Google. My rankings have not been effected on Yahoo, MSN, AlltheWeb,etc. by this. It is definitely perplexing!!!

My inability to solve this problem has led me to shift my postings to this venue (Google Blogger). Maybe that will solve this problem. If anyone has had a similar problem or knows of a solution to this please let me know ASAP! If your solution works I will put your children through college. I will paint your house for free - you get the idea!!!

That's it for this week. As always: Thanks for stopping by and please stop back next week for some more interesting and hopefully informative information.

Mark@original-new-england-enterprises.com

No comments: