Thursday, February 8, 2007

Ecommerce Beginnings - V

NEW ENGLAND 24 SAN DIEGO 21

Welcome back for this weeks article on Ecommerce Beginnings. Believe me when I say I almost needed a tranquilizer to calm me down after yesterday's New England vs San Diego playoff game. Again, the Patriots (the cardiac kids) came through in the clutch. The way they accomplish the goals they set is amazing. Congratulations to the New England Patriots on another hard fought victory!

The reason I am starting out discussing the Patriots is two-fold. First, I am a Patriots fan, but second, and more importantly, because the New England Patriots are the role model for success. They continuously accomplish what they set out to, many times against huge adversity. Their success isn't predicated on having a large ensemble of superstars on their team. It isn't predicated on luck either. What their success is predicated on is a result of excellent planning, determination, hard work, execution and a firm belief in their ability to succeed. People say that they get lucky. I say that they make their own luck through their dedication, consistency and belief in their system.

My word of advice to anyone who wants to be successful with their home based business is to look at who is already successful, be it in business, sports, or any other area of life. There is a consistent theme to the successful people/organizations in this world. We know that it isn't always the most talented who are successful, but usually those who are better prepared, better prepared to take advantage of opportunities that present themselves in the face of constant change. That is who is usually successful.

I don't mean to be too preachy this week, but I want to make sure that everyone understands that it is really hard to keep your eye on the ball, to remain focused 110% of the time on your success. That is probably one of the reasons that 90% of new businesses fail within the first year or so. Be like the Patriots, the model of consistency, the model for taking advantage of opportunities that present themselves and doing something purposeful with them. There is a reason that they continue to be so successful year in and year out.

For anyone who is looking for some great ideas to implement for their own personal success, check this out. I'm currently reading a great book that I believe anyone who is considering becoming or is already involved with an online business should read. It is: SUCCESS SECRETS OF THE ONLINE MARKETING SUPERSTARS by Mitch Meyerson. I picked up my copy at a local Barnes & Noble. I'm sure it is available in through many different outlets. This book contains interviews with 24 of the top internet marketers in the world today. They share their proven strategies for making money online.

Note: I have no affilliation with the sale of this book. My recommendation is strictly based on my belief that it is an excellent source of information that will help you to be successful with your online business.

That's it for this week. I hope you found the above to be helpful and informative. Please stop by next week to read the latest installment of Ecommerce Beginnings. Thanks and have a great week. Oh yeah, don't forget to cheer on the Patriots in next week's game. GO PATS!!!

Mark@original-new-england-enterprises.com

No comments: